Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Free Online Writing Courses!

Clients occasionally ask me for tips on how to improve their writing, and I usually respond by sending them to one of the following sites. These are either full or partial university courses provided for free, with no grading, no deadlines, and no final exams! They are perfect for tweaking a specific problem area, or for broadening a writer's skill set. These are the main university websites where the classes are listed, instead of a listing of each individual course.

Please leave me a comment if you have used one of these courses in the past. What did you think of the experience? I took the Open University's course Start Writing Fiction (A174_1) and I loved it! This is the class that inspired the Feistres series I am currently writing.

MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) Writing & Humanistic Studies
The Open University Arts & Humanities
Utah State University
UMass Boston Open CourseWare (OCW) Critical Reading & Writing

Other sites:
Freelance Folder (Links)
Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)
Steven Barnes' Screenwriting Class

No comments:

Post a Comment